Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Session #2 - We're In Groups!

I decided to change at work before we hit the road to 'training' - which allowed me to eliminate the oversize bag in favor of 2 small bags and a small cooler! Yes - this is better - trust me!

Bag #1 had workout clothes and my 'old' gym shoes - when I changed my work clothes went into it and then the bag went into the car and didn't need to make the drive to Vincennes. However, since I was driving that night I guess it really didn't matter...

We've been assigned to group 'D' and our adventure for the evening was to 'run' the block around the facility - how convenient that it works out to a mile! I now know I can comfortably do a 15 minute mile! After our cool down stretching, we were released to the locker room to get ready to swim!

Three of us shared a locker, which wouldn't shut (not so much from the multitude of things we had stuffed in it as much as that it seemed to be warped!) at first and we used up some precious strength in manipulating it shut and slapping the lock on!

At the pool we were separated into groups based on skill and I landed in the advanced beginners - in fact at the end of the session the teacher said I was the best in the group - however I am suspicious of this on two counts -
  1. I was the only one in the group who willingly put my face in the water (although I forgot that I had goggles on and could open my eyes - so kept my eyes shut and was constantly getting tangled up in the lane ropes!)
  2. We are the lowest skill group - so really, how advanced are we!

After we were released from the pool it was interesting to get a dozen or so ladies out of wet swim suits, dried off, and into dry clothes with only 4-5 curtained areas - and I use the term 'curtained' pretty loosely! The two guardian angels who have done this before predicted that by the end of training pretty much all modesty would be long gone! The real interesting part was that the lock on 'our' locker wouldn't unlock - I believe we would have all left our stuff were it not that the car keys were in there!

We managed to get back to our cars without incident - not so much talking on the way home as we are tired, wore out, and having our healthy snacks (trail mix, bananas, jerky, granola bars, water, etc. - not sure what the others ate!).

No comments:

Post a Comment