Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Week 2 Begins ...

Saw one of the angels at Church on Sunday - she asked if I could spell i-bu-pro-fen - what a dummy - I'd been (quietly) moaning every time I moved and never thought about taking something! A few hours later all was well...

So Monday we hot foot it over to the YMCA to get there 'early' - half of the adventure is getting a 'good' parking space - yes, I know we're going to exercise, but who wants to use up energy before the session walking across the parking lot - and we don't have energy left afterwards! Of course I had already experienced increased heart rate because while at work, in the middle of changing from work clothes to 'training' clothes the fire alarms went off! Wouldn't that have been a pretty picture if we'd had to evacuate and I had on sports bra, t-shirt, and hooded sweatshirt along with my skirt, heels, and hose!

Our group 'ran' (around the mile long block again) and I made it 1 1/2 times around before being called in to stretch and be released to the pool! The advanced beginners did some type of roll drill that I don't think I ever really got the hang of - seemed to be swallowing a lot of water on that one! I did eventually to mostly actually 'swim' (breathing correctly, stroking, and kicking - all at the same time!) a 25 meter lap without stopping to flail about in the water due to choking or putting my foot/feet down - 400 meters should be no problem, right?

After our swimming workout, the lock was problematic again but we eventually reigned supreme over it and got to change out of our wet swim suits and head for home!

No comments:

Post a Comment