Monday, May 31, 2010

Another Day, Another Workout!

Had skipped training on 05-22 due to the Richland County Walk & Roll event, which included a 15 mile ride that looked pretty neat. So headed out this morning early to see what I could do with it.

Started at home instead of at the Olney City Park, but otherwise followed the route and wound up with 10.85 miles in 67 minutes - not too bad for a first attempt and boy there were a LOT of small hills (and a few big ones). Despite that, got into the 3rd set of gears for a fair amount of the route, caught myself actually breathing normally (vs. gasping and panting), and when I got to the railroad overpass on East Street it wasn't worth the bother to detour to a less steep crossing, just humped over it without dropping down gears even.

Still amazed at how the wind can be in my face when I'm going north AND south but even more amazed that I've now racked up 115 miles on my bike since April 26th - had you asked me at the beginning of the year how long it would take me to ride 115 miles I would have quietly and soothingly given you a recommendation for our inpatient psychiatric unit while backing away slowly!

The Olney City Pool was to have opened today and was to have had an adult only lap swim from 5-6 on Monday and Wednesday nights - however I'm pretty sure the downpour at 4 p.m. put the nips to that! Will see about swimming here in town Tuesday night - otherwise we should probably be swimming for sure Wednesday at Rainbow Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment