Monday, May 10, 2010

Still WINDY!

Couldn't stop sneezing and blowing my nose all day Saturday and slept poorly that night despite taking Mucinex-D (since the Benedryl did nothing). Opted out of Church (didn't want to be a disruption) for more attempts at sleeping (just tossed and turned) so it was with bleery eyes I found some Nyquil in the way, way back of the linen closet! Took a dose and suited up for a 9 mile bike ride - got to feeling not too bad except the wind just never let up - what's with that!

Didn't stop anywhere, didn't walk up any of the hills, even took a lesson from another angel and pedaled downhill to build up speed/momentum. This pedaling without pointing my toes forward has some merit to it! Muscles I didn't even know I had have been talking to me about it!

At the point where I leave the 'little' road (Hall for those in town) to cross the 'big' road (that would be East Street) I was watching carefully for traffic and had plotted a route around the skateboarder but couldn't see how to zig-zag around the couple with the baby carriage without someone taking a dive off the sidewalk (that would have been me), so turned left instead of right - they'll never know they were almost involved in a close encounter of the unpleasant kind! So, only 8.4 miles (a little shorter) and 53 minutes (a little off pace) but given the wind and the generally foggy mental condition I'm still counting it a success.

Washed everything - it's really cool and we've already turned off the heat for the season - so put the space heater in the bathroom and turned it into a dryer to get stuff dry enough to pack up for pool-bike brick training on Monday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment