Saturday, May 15, 2010

Prescription for Naps?

Up and out before the birds this morning - just 3 of us on the shuttle today as 1 angel had to work and another angel was staying after for MORE bike riding (I like my bike, but let's not overdo it!)!

Schedule was altered for larger groups today and we did pool - bike - run -- hmmmm, that looks like our TRY sequence! Although 'swimming is my favorite part' it's still my weakest part - today we used some paddles that attached to our hands so we could see the difference proper entry and pushing of water would make! It was really cool and gave me something to think about other than remembering to kick, breathe, stroke, breathe, kick, watch out for swimmer coming the other way, breathe, and so forth. Regrettably we will not be allowed to use them in the event. At the end of the session we broke into 3 teams for relay. Since there were 19 of us I helpfully volunteered to sit out so that the teams would be even, but can't get anything past Tiffany!

Stayed on the bike up death hill and up the two hills on the way to Kohl's. Somehow there were two ladies behind me (that's a first) and I made sure to encourage them as they were coming in as I know how much I value the positive comments from ladies on their way back to the barn when I haven't made the half way mark yet.

One angel forgot her MP3 player but ran all the way singing tunes in her head. I had my MP3 player but apparently managed to leave it on in the bag (again!) and it was not responsive, so I hummed to myself for my portion.

Learned where the bike store was in Vincennes and drove past Gregg Park (where the TRY will be staged from) which was ramping up for the Knox County Relay for Life today and overnight. Although it had been cloudy and windy for bike and run, didn't run into any rain until back on the Illinois side of the river - and temp has really dropped.

Was compelled to take a 2 hour nap and will go on the prowl for pasta in a little bit. Did gain .2 lbs for the week but since we had food treats every day at work for Hospital Week (popcorn / nachos / ice cream / cookout / pizza) and it would have been practically insubordinate to not participate I really had no choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment