Thursday, May 20, 2010

Circuit Training and Biking!

Wednesday saw our article published in the Olney Daily Mail (will see if we can link it up!) - unfortunately it's now too late to register for the event or for volunteers to register to help at the event - but organizers are looking for cheerleaders so we'll try to encourage folks to come over for the big day - less than a month away!

We started out with a brisk session of circuit training - leg lifts, bicep curls, seated rowing, planks, superman (torso extension), obliques, some type of squat with the ball on the wall behind your back while holding weights, inner and outer thigh squeezes, overhead drops - probably 20 different activities followed by a nice stretch/cooldown session.

One angel got new tires for her bike and can really fly now! Another was a little under the weather on Monday so skipped biking to get timed for the swim. Angel 3 was the second one in on the 9-10 mile bike ride! I passed someone on the bike ride (a first) but then I never saw her come in after the ride so perhaps she was just someone riding home (no wonder she gave me such a funny look when I spoke to her!).

Tried to ramp up for death hill by using 3rd gear - wasn't as effective as I had hoped although I did go to 3 later in the ride and really could feel a difference. One of the instructors rode by me on the way up death hill and tried to carry on a conversation - I was panting like a dog and down to the low 2's (still, faster than walking!) and there was no way in the world I could pedal/balance and manage to compose a coherent response to her questions! Fortunately, she tracked me down after the ride. Apparently I am still pointing my toes on the pedals (less efficient) and not able to fully extend my leg on the downstroke - so we'll try raising my seat a smidge and see if that helps! 7 miles (including death hill and the Kohl's hills) in 42 minutes so still keeping the 6 minute mile pace!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on death hill. You're definitely making progress!

    ReplyDelete