Thursday, May 13, 2010

Core to the Max

Tuesday was my 'off' day for the week as I helped serve at the Richland County Walk and Roll Survivor Dinner - over 135 guests makes for a lot of dishes to wash! I don't think the washing and drying burned many calories though and I don't see where limber fingers are going to be especially helpful for the TRYathlon!

Wednesday we were again short an angel (different one that Monday) but had run and core on tap so easily fit into the vehicle of the day!

80+ degrees and 80+ % humidity - 'ran' up College as far as we could go (in my case to 10th street) and back. I have now officially retired / thrown out my 'old' sneakers - had not wanted to get caught out in rain in my good shoes so wore the old ones, and now have a blister as I had forgotten about the worn spot on the left shoe... I consoled myself with the knowledge that at least it wouldn't hurt during core session.

And true enough, my blister didn't hurt but pretty much all other parts of my body that I haven't heard from were talking to me after core! Started off with 'a quick 30 ab crunches' - I'm pretty sure we never did 30 (in a row!) before, and especially not as the 'warm up' act! We also did push ups (a first again), planks (full on rather than from the side - this allowed us to gracefully move into the downward facing dog position!), the fire hydrant exercise (haven't done that in a while), reverse abs, superman, and I forget what all else. I believe we were all working harder at that than any of us did at the 'run' (for sure more than I did!). However, the fallen angel from Monday, who had been stiff as we headed to class, pronounced herself cured by the end of core session!

Hopefully we'll have the full complement of 5 angels for Saturday - when we'll bike, run and pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment