Saturday, April 10, 2010

25% Through Training!

We had our full complement of five angels for the adventure and boy were we all pumped to go get 'em!

Swimming went pretty well (from my point of view at least) as I managed 100 meters without significant sputtering or choking - surely I'll be able to do 800 by the day of the event!

Pool first today meant that I got to the weight room (and the electric scale) waterlogged and with wet hair (mine is longish and pretty thick) so I believe that, plus bloating, accounts for the weight gain of 1.8 lbs - as it does not appear to be new muscle!

Got a bonus point in core training for doing the plank full arm rather than from elbow - although still working from knees rather than toes - baby steps, baby steps!

Some great progress in the bike class which I attribute to getting the padded seat from home on top of the itsy bitsy seat on the equipment at the start of the class. Was able to do the warm up stretching while pedaling (a first for me!).

All in all another session well spent with great fun being had along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment