Tuesday, April 6, 2010

PlayList Possibilities

I had to miss training class on Monday night due to a commitment to the Richland County Walk and Roll event (Luminaria Chair) that I needed to honor; but at 3:30 p.m. found myself heading out to our parking/meeting spot to see the rest of the angels off - and missed not going (how twisted is THAT!)!

This week's mission is to develop a playlist for the $60 MP3 player that so far has been used twice (!) - and once was around the house! Here's what I have so far - suggestions of songs and suggestions of sites to download other songs are greatly appreciated - must of 'my' music is still on tape cassettes:

First song - can't decide between Born to be Wild (Steppenwolf?) or Let's Give Them Something to Talk About (Bonnie Raitt).

Following songs - in no particular order:
  • Hang on Sloopy (no idea - but a family anthem going waaaay back!)
  • Born in the USA (The Boss)
  • Graceland (Paul Simon) - the song or even the whole album
  • Thank You for Letting Me Be Myself (who did this - Sly?)
  • what I call the 'Wagon Wheel' song - you know ... "Rock me Mama like a wagon wheel, Rock me Mama any way you feel, ..." - believe it may be The Old Crow Medicine Show?
  • Unchain My Heart and I Stand in Wonder (Joe Cocker)

almost anything by

  • Santana - especially the early work (since I know the words to those!)
  • Fabulous ThunderBirds
  • Brooks & Dunn
  • Tom Petty
  • Creedance Clearwater Revival (or John Fogerty individually)
  • Little Feat

We are not allowed MP3 players during the actual event (safety reasons) but having a righteous playlist could certainly make the training where it is appropriate and the treadmill that lives in an overflow storage upstairs room more tolerable!

Well, I hear my morning banana calling me - don't they come in other flavors (and I don't think dipped in chocolate and then frozen is part of a 'well balanced, healthy diet'!

No comments:

Post a Comment