Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Excuuuuuse Me...

Swim / Run on our schedule for today - we would have preferred reverse order but apparently yet another thing we aren't in charge of! After bemoaning our fate for the first part of the ride over we got down to business filling out an interview form sent by one of the TRYathlon Steering Committee members - they are collecting 'stories' to work up for the Vincennes Sun-Commercial!

Three of the angels did just fine in the pool - as for me, well, let's just say that I swallowed enough water that I kept us amused the rest of the session with a series of very unladylike belches (oh, but they felt soooo good!). I had a bad moment right off the bat - 'surfaced' for a breath into a ray of sun, which startled me, so I swallowed water, then realized I was in the deep end, which frightened me, so swallowed some more water - I didn't see Jesus, but I might have seen my Mom! Fortunately, one of the angels helped me keep a grip by reminding me that 'swimming is my favorite part'. Without her help I likely would have exited the pool right then! Definitely a red zone moment and something to avoid in the future! Our instructor, who has the patience of a saint, worked with me and diagnosed the issue as not rolling my hip enough so we'll be working on that some more I am sure!

Took a different 'run' route today - seems like everyone along the route had either mowed their grass on Sunday or was out doing it at that time - so lots of opportunity for allergies to take hold! The geese were also out in full force - none of us were 'chased' - this time - but we are told it has been known to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment