Saturday, April 24, 2010

5 weeks down, 7 weeks to go!

We had a rude awakening once we all made it to the Y (a full 90 minutes earlier than 'normal') - our sequence was weight training, then swim, then bike, then core training - I had really been looking forward to swimming first!

Some new machines / activities had been added to our weight activities - since we're getting 'stronger'!

At the pool, after our warm ups (give me a 100 - 2 full laps up and back), we lined up in swim time order (so I was near the back - mighty fine with me!), and then entered the water one at a time, 5 seconds apart. This means get in and get going lest the next lady land on you! Up and back, switching lanes, until we got out 6 lanes later, and then repeat. Some of the ladies might have managed 3 circuits, but after 2 I realized some of the bikes were locked in the car and the rest of the angels were waiting on me!

Unloaded the bikes, put on our helmets, got our water bottles, and in my case, added the day glow yellow riding shirt! 5 miles later (I'll confess to walking the bike up the steep hill - but at least I was still moving!) I wasn't the last one back, but not sure it really counts that I finished before the two ladies who stopped due to a flat tire. But, finished under my own power and that's the goal. Next time I'll remember to put my shamrock angel bells on my bike and I'm sure I'll make it up the hill without walking!

I should have given one of the quicker riders in our group the car keys - they finished well before me but cheered my arrival! After we loaded up all the bikes and shifted bags we could have skipped out without anyone being the wiser - but no - we went back in for the core training session! Missed the bridges, which several of us favor, and were just in time for reverse abs and planks!

Did remember to weigh before swimming - gained .4 lbs despite eating mostly nuts and berries all week (ok, except for the whole hog bbq Friday night!) - so now I'm .2 lbs higher than starting weight - BUT - have gone down a full dress size so must be getting buff! Plus, they say laughter is good for your health and we're all certainly doing a lot of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment