Friday, April 23, 2010

Big Day Tomorrow!

The Olney Angels have been given a break on the Saturday trainings so far - that ends tomorrow! We have to be pulling out, bikes on board, by 6:00 a.m. (yes!) in order to arrive and be ready to go in Vincennes by 8:00 a.m. their time!

So tonight it's pack the bag - with yet another / extra bag for outdoor riding should weather permit. We're scheduled to swim, weight room, circuit training, then bike - it will be nice to hit the water when we are fresh (and I'll bet it'll be cold - so will wake us right up!) for a change.

Learned of another couple of ladies in town who are in their own personal training routine in preparation for the TRY (50 days to go!). I think word is getting around - was standing in the serving line at a hog roast fundraising event tonight and 8 different people asked me:
  • how training was going (great!),
  • had I lost any weight (a stick of butter!),
  • if I was toning up (stuff is moving around - wore a dress today I hadn't been able to wear the last 2 summers), and,
  • if we'll have an event of '0ur own' in Olney (sure hope so!).

Then it turned out one of the ladies doing the serving has 2 daughters who are participating - small world!

Well, it'll be lights out as soon as it gets dark - got to go load up the bike in the ol' minivan lest I run off without her in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment