Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Training 'Injury'

I bruise easily - very easily - and usually find this horrific bruises but have absolutely no idea what I bumped or ran into to sustain them! About a week ago I found a fading bruise on the back side of my left upper arm, but as it was on its way out I promptly forgot about it.

Last night, however, it was back with a vengeance and with friends - huge! Since we had only swum (and no, I did not cling onto the lane ropes) and 'ran' I was mystified as to what I could have possibly done to cause such damage - until I realized the bruising was where I strap on my MP3 player! Good grief - done in by my own foolishness with my own equipment! Fortunately my neon yellow 'running' shirt had a front pocket, so I think that's where the MP3 player will hang out in the future!

Hopefully that will be the last 'injury' of the journey!

3 comments:

  1. What no discussion on the Celtic tattoos? You are not the only one without a tat...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What---now you will have a big bruise on your boob where that MP3 player bounces up and down when running

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Kathy, that is a pretty big assumption that I was actually 'running'! Apparently there was enough padding to protect from that!

    ReplyDelete