Friday, April 2, 2010

Proud Owner of a REAL Bike!

Now know of 10 ladies who either live local or have a connection to my hospital participating in the TRYathlon in June - one of them is doing it with her mother and this will be their 4th year! Mom is taking the training class, so I'll have to see if I can figure out who she is!

No practice at the Y in Vincennes on Thursday night, but we dug out a bike that had been left behind by my oldest son probably 8 years ago when he returned to the Chicago area. While it is a Trek and has not too skinny tires, and a generous seat - it is a men's bike and pretty heavy. With a jump/boost I can get on it, but could really hurt myself if I had to stop in a hurry as dismounting is not too graceful!

So today we visited the Pacific Cycle company store here in Olney and came away with a ladies Cannondale Custom (or maybe it says Comfort) 5 - biggest seat in the store (yes - I asked!), handlebars that don't require me to scrunch over, small(er) frame, shock absorbers on the seat AND the front yoke - and it's silver, so it matches my helmet!

Packed my bag for the Saturday training trip and looking forward to the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment